These rules are in place to ensure that Valiant Star is a fun and safe community for everyone. If you see a rule violation, please report it through the “Report” feature (located at the bottom of every post) or by sending a Private Message (PM) to a mod or admin.
1. Treat all members and staff with respect. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and is permitted to post in a civil and responsible manner. Personal attacks against any member will not be tolerated. This includes comments related to race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, or gender.
2. Keep the forums tidy. Before starting a new thread, search or browse to see if a thread on that topic already exists. Post threads in the appropriate forum, and don’t cross-post the same thread to multiple forums. Use descriptive titles for threads. Keep your posts relevant and on-topic. Do not double post in the same thread within a short period of time. (Please edit your post instead.) Do not spam the forums.
3. Give credit where credit is due. Do not post someone else’s work (writing, art, code, etc.) without crediting the person and/or linking back to the source.
4. Mind your words. Sometimes humor and sarcasm don’t come across in text-only communication, so please be mindful of what you say and how you say it. Also, please watch your language and try to keep it PG-13. Inappropriate posts will be edited or deleted.
5. Every member may have one account. Do not create multiple accounts.
6. Every member is allowed two signature banners, each up to 600x200 pixels in size. This rule helps keep signatures from being out of control and distracting on the forum, but also gives enough room to have some very creative signatures. Alternatively, you can also have one signature banner up to 600x400 pixels.
7. Do not violate anyone’s privacy. Anyone can view this site, and we want it to be a safe place. Do not post your own identifying information. Do not post anyone else’s information. This includes full names, email addresses, phone numbers, and home addresses. PMs are meant to be private, so do not post PMs to public forums.
8. No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. Do not post information or links to any kind of illegal activity.
9. Do not feed the trolls! If someone posts offensive comments or is purposefully upsetting another user, please do not respond to them. Instead, report the post or send a PM to a mod or admin.
“Don’t feed the trolls, cuz they mean and hurt yo feelings
but it’s only cuz they have sad lives themselves
and try to bring others down but don’t let them do that to you
cuz you stronger than that man...you stronger than that.”
— Wowcrendor, If Fans Ran World of Warcraft
What should I do if I see a rule violation?
Please contact a member of the forum staff. You can either send a PM to a staff member or click on the "Report" button at the bottom of the post that violates the rules.
What happens when a member breaks a rule?
Forum staff will use their good judgment to respond to rule violations. In general we will follow this process:
Minor offenses Staff will correct the problem and send a PM to the member to alert them of the rule violation. No further action will be taken unless the member repeatedly violates rules.
More serious offenses Staff will correct the problem and send a warning PM to the member. On the third warning, the member will be temporarily banned from the forums (time to be determined by seriousness of offenses). If a member breaks a rule after a temporary ban, staff may decide to permanently ban the member.
Extremely serious offenses Staff will take appropriate action to correct the violation, which may include banning the member without giving multiple warnings first.
The forum staff may change and/or update rules at any time. Announcements will be posted to alert members of significant changes.
Feel free to send a PM to a mod or admin at any time for questions, clarifications, or suggestions. The forum staff works collaboratively, so there’s no need to contact multiple mods or admins for the same issue unless you feel like it wasn’t dealt with appropriately the first time.